Canberra's Finest Driving Instructors
Take advantage of our Current Special of $50 for your FIRST driving lesson.
Why Not Buy a Gift Voucher for a Loved One?
Our Promise to You
- Our aim is to teach skills and techniques for safer driving with a special emphasis on defensive driving and to encourage plenty of practice with parents and friends
- We promote a partnership between the learner, the driving instructor, parents and friends (i.e. the supervising driver) in developing the learner’s skills
- We encourage parents and friends to sit in the back and observe the driving instructor’s teaching methods to ensure consistency when taking the learner out between professional driving lessons
- We will always inform the learner at the beginning of driver training the fee per lesson or package of lessons. We do not charge for the final Certificate of Competency at the conclusion of the last lesson
- We always comply with the ACT Government’s Code of Practice and the Australian Driver Trainers Association (ACT)’s Code of Ethics
- As far as practicable, we will ensure appointments are not delayed. Where a delay is unavoidable, we will contact you to advise of the extent of the delay and typically you will be also be offered a rescheduled lesson
- We always teach in a patient and courteous manner
Let us know your lesson requirements or other questions and we'll get back to you ASAP:
- All Skilltech vehicles are late model vehicles and have dual controls for peace of mind
- Our vehicles are registered and roadworthy and also clean and tidy and of course have that new car smell
- In the unlikely event of an accident we have you covered – all our cars are comprehensively insured. Paul’s manual car has a dash camera to record any incidents visually and audio. Should you not wish for the camera to be operating, please let Paul know
- Each instructor at Skilltech has public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- We teach in both manual and automatic driving school cars
- Our Canberra driving lessons provide strategic teaching and assessment of learners via the ACT Logbook system thereby ensuring they are safe on the road. We also provide thorough preparation for the ACT Government Driving Test.
- Don’t forget to ask about our vouchers – a great gift idea
- We will pick you up and drop you off where is convenient to you – at home, school or work
Charter of Service
- Should you cancel within 24 hours of a driving lesson, or not arrive for a lesson, we may impose a late cancellation/non-arrival fee equal to the lesson fee, if that lesson cannot be re-booked to another learner.
- You should be ready to commence the driving lesson at the booked time.
- If you are late for your lesson we may not be able to have a full hour if we have another lesson booked after. Please call us if you are delayed.
Legal Rights for Learner Drivers
A learner has the following appeal rights:
- If it is an issue about driver training, assessment, or conduct, the learner can approach the ACT Road Transport Authority;
- If it is an issue about fees or service contract matters, the learner can approach the ACT consumer affairs authority; and
- If it is an issue about discrimination, the student can approach the ACT human rights authority.
For more information, contact us today. Call 0417 045 602 to make an enquiry
Helpful Information for Learner Drivers
Explore our useful links and helpful information for learner drivers.
- Up-to-date facts about young drivers, road statistics and current research
- ACT Government’s Roadready Program – try the road rules quiz!
- ACT Australian Drivers Trainers Association (ADTA) site
- Info on speed
- Info on road safety
- Supervising a Learner Driver
- ACT Road Rules Handbook
- Roadready – Towards your Ps in the ACT: A Learner Driver Guide
- Driving Instructors Code of Practice ACT